Welcome to my website about the Great Pyramid of Khufu or Cheops.
I hope this website about the Great Pyramid of Khufu (or Cheops) can give you the facts or inspiration you are searching for.
If you have any serious comments, questions or corrections to the content of my website, please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail: email@example.com
For scientific or educational purpose you are allowed to copy parts of my website as long as you refer to the source http://khufupyramid.dk/
Please see a copy of the Excel sheet, which can convert units and angles in "Dimensions" under "Units" in section 3.2.9. If you need the real Excel sheet, please write to me.
Stefan A. H. Holmgren
"By all means let the old theories have a decent burial; though we should take care that in our haste none of the wounded are buried alive."
Written by Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie in his book "The Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh" in 1880, (S5-[S3]-P4-[C2]-L41). *
* A reference like (S5-[S3]-P4-[C2]-L41) refers to Source S5, [Section 3], Page 4, [Column 2], Line 41.
Section and Column are in brackets as they are used only when needed.
- The sections in 5.5.xx (Grand Gallery) are under reconstruction. (I found an error of 0,1 cubit in the height which must be corrected in all calculations).
- "Important information": The tab "Beliefs" not started.
- "Function and purpose" : Not started
- "Sources" : Source no. 9 is added as a courtesy of the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, UCL ( University College London ). (The material is still under investigation by me).
"Sources" : Source no. 20 is added "Life And Work at The Great Pyramid, during the months of January, February, March and April, A.D. 1865" by C. Piazzi Smyth, Vol. II, Edinburgh, Edmonston And Douglas 1867.
- Thanks to all my readers of my website in 2020 from 47 countries. *
The picture of the Great Pyramid was taken during my journey in Egypt in January 1988.